IDAHO HK 2012 Campaign – What To Fear?! 怕咩?!
今年，第八屆國際不再恐同日 (IDAHOT) 主題為” What To Fear?! 怕咩?! ”，目的以消除在香港對男/女同性戀者,雙性戀者及跨性別者的欺凌，以及紀念在過去幾年內遭欺凌的受害者。
日期: 2012年5月12日 (星期六)
時間: 15:00 – 17:00
我們呼籲大家穿 ”黑衫” 來支持當日活動
This year, the 8th International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia Hong Kong rally (IDAHOT) is themed “What To Fear?!” with aims to eliminate homophobic and transphobic bullying in Hong Kong, and to commemorate victims of bullying in past years.
Date：May 12, 2012 (Sat)
Time：15:00 – 17:00
Venue：Chater Gardens, Central, HK
To increase public awareness of transphobia as much as homophobia, this annual event which is historically known as IDAHO will now be entitled as IDAHOT for Hong Kong rally.
Gay or straight, you can still support this day!
In the past many years, hundreds and even thousands attended the IDAHOT rally, coming from all walks of life and themselves of different sexual orientations and gender identities. There were even whole families among them.
In addition to representatives from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities, a strong line-up of public figures will share with audience their views and experiences. Personal accounts of bullying and coming out experience will also be reinterpreted right in front of audience’s eyes.
IDAHO HK 2012 website: http://tcjm.org/events/idahot-hk/idahot-hk-2012/
IDAHOT HK 2012 events
- 第8屆國際不再恐同日 (香港區集會)/ The 8th International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia “IDAHOT” (Hong Kong Rally) – 12 May 2012 (Saturday) – See below for program details. https://www.facebook.com/events/397239780320040
- Hong Kong LGBT Climate Study 2011-12 report will be launched on 17 May 2012 (Thursday). This Community Business event will take place from 5pm to 8pm at the China Club, Central, Hong Kong.
IF YOU WISH TO VOLUNTEER, PLEASE CONTACT US AT: [email protected]
IDAHOT HK on Facebook:
Background: In 1990, the World Health Organization decided to remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders. In 2004, French academic Louis-Georges Tin made May 17 the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, which has since become a global movement. Today, we observe this tradition and hope for the day when people no longer need to live in fear because of their sexualities.
中文聯絡: [email protected]
English Contact: [email protected]
帳戶名稱：Tongzhi Community Joint Meeting
請將閣下的名字(或稱號)、捐款的日期及總額發電郵至 [email protected] 以便我們作記錄。謝謝！
To support on-going IDAHOT events, please deposit your donation to :
Name of the Bank: HSBC
Account Number: 112-194386-838
Name of the account: Tongzhi Community Joint Meeting
Please email us your name (or nick name) and the date & amount of donation to [email protected] for our record. Thank you!
Organizing Committee: Tongzhi Community Joint Meeting / Pink Alliance
支持團體: 國際特赦組織(香港), 跨性別資源中心, 韋智達律師行, 跨性別資源中心, 韋智達律師行, Fruits in Suits, Les Peches, Queer Straight Alliance, 香港同志先生
Supporting organizations:Amnesty International Hong Kong, Fruits in Suits, Les Peches, Transgender Resource Centre, Queer Straight Alliance (QSA), Mr. Gay Hong Kong, Queer Straight Alliance, Vidler & Co. Solicitors
媒體伙伴/Media partner: To be updated
- Apple News
- Gay Star News 1
- From the US to Hong Kong
- Fridae.Asia 1
- Gay Star News 2
- Gay Star News 3
- The Hyperactive Gay Boy
- Hong Wrong
- DimSum Magazine
- TCJM Press Release
- TimeOut HK
- Fridae.Asia 2
- MingPao 1
- MingPao 2
IDAHO 2012 International Campaign
The main goal of the annual campaigns is to combat homophobia. What’s more, each year the choice of a theme aims to raise people’s awareness of a particular issue. The objective of the campaign “Sexual diversity in the workplace. It pays off!” is to:
- promote the idea that fighting homophobia in the workplace is profitable for companies, institutions and employers;
- help gays, lesbians and transgender people reach their full potential in the workplace;
- motivate more workers to stay in local towns instead of fleeing to big cities because of their sexual orientation;
- inform and raise the awareness of all workers and employers about the consequences of homophobia;
- encourage employers to adopt policies that discourage homophobia in their workplace;
- make LGBT workers feel even more included in the businesses they work for;
- motivate people to start LGBT committees in the workplace, for example Workplace Pride Committees and LGBT Committees in labour unions.
You can find more details on the international campaign here: http://www.homophobiaday.org
IDAHO Annual Report 2012: To be updated